Tuesday, February 17, 2009

DEATH BY KELLY

KELLY- 5 ROUNDS FOR TIME (30 MINUTE CUTOFF)

400M RUN
30 WALLBALL SHOTS (16#)
30 BOX JUMPS (16")

021609- 34.27 4 rounds
(MODS- 14" box- can't do 16" in running shoes + running and a second high impact component no yet good on my bad leg...wall ball did 14# because Ellen had the only 16# and because of my shoulder, which I am not technically cleared to use yet I went down instead of up. During round 3 I decided to drop to the 8# for rounds 4-5 because of how my shoulder was feeling and the 8# I can do one handed, which is how I finished round 4)

I was in my run when time was called and still had wall ball to do to finish round 4. Coach was nice enough to let me finish the round since I was 2/3 done. Coach was nice enough to apologize during my round 3 box jumps, because he wrote the wrong box sizes for the unscaled workout...it was supposed to be 20" for the women. Unfortunately, I don't think he's going to follow my suggestion and keep it as it was written for subsequent workouts but write up the 20", which means that I am a ways out from being able to do the jumps unscaled although next time the WB should be unscaled or upscaled to 18#. I may not like running much, but if the jumps stayed at 16" I think I definitely like this one. (still do just not as much)

DEATH BY PULLUP
With a continuously running clock do 1 pullup in the first minute, 2 in the second minute, 3 in the third and so on until you cannot do the number of good/decent pullups for the minute required. When you "drop out" do the prescribed second component, reps = the minute number until the last person standing has to "drop out". TWO ROUNDS- round 2 starts 2 minutes after last person "drops out"

021709- (blue band on the left, red band on the right with a hop)
round 1- 13+10 = 101
round 2- 13+13 = 104

TOTAL = 205 pullups

I was 1 pullup away from finishing round 14!!! Man I wish I could've got it. I can't really complain about my numbers. I really probably should not have completed this workout unless I was doing the 1 handed pullups in the greens because of my shoulder...but I did.

I see the PA tomorrow for follow-up to see what she has to say. I did at least put a heavier band on the left side to provide that extra assistance to the left shoulder. My number went from 71 last time to 205 this time and last time I was in blues on both sides- so I am pretty pleased. I can also do jumping pullups in the minis on the lower bar, so there is definitely improvement. I can't get over the higher bar in the blues with a jump since the shoulder became a problem, but I can make it almost as high which my face is getting to the bar (maybe about eye level in blues) in the red bands on the high bar...definite improvement there. We'll see what tomorrow has to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment